Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First time here!

I've finally done it! After months of wanting to write a blog I am finally writing my very first post. Yippee! I'd always meant to start a blog after the birth of my daughter who is now five months old ( I know its shameful, but I am truly the Queen, no make that Empress of procrastination), to chronicle the wonderful journey that is motherhood, but just didn't get down to it till today. Well better late than never as that wise saying goes. And to justify the delay, oh all right, to save some face, I had also moved cities soon after her birth so that was two BIG life changes and it was tough coping. Which is when all the wonderful blogs I've been reading for some time now stepped in like old friends and made up for the feelings of loneliness and being overwhelmed in a new city as a new mum.

So am very very happy that I am now actively participating in this exciting blog world and not just being a passive reader :) This blog is meant to share my journey with my baby girl as we discover life together with baby(hers) and mommy (mine) steps. Oh and while we're at it we're also going to have loads of fun and hopefully make some friends!

5 comments:

Jaya said...

hi there! i've been reading your archives since the last four hours ignoring the tantrums of my toddler son and here i am.....at your very first post! love your blog and way of writing....your 'new boss' and 'blast from the past' didn't get through my dense mind till the very last line or so :) i'm attributing it to my sleeplessness in my defense!

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Hi there, thanks a lot, you've made my day, especially at a time when I'm feeling particularly guilty about blogging so irregularly! Do you have a blog as well? And yeah, blame everything on sleeplessness, that's what I do and I usually get away with it!

Jaya said...

no blog here, but i absolutely love reading well-written ones...and yours is definitely one of the best mom blogs. please keep blogging when time permits, you have a great style of writing!

Jaya said...

no blog here, but i absolutely love reading well-written, relatable ones. i discovered yours pretty late, but it totally struck a chord with me. please do keep blogging whenever time permits!

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Bharti...Thanks a lot! This will definitely inspire me to blog more!

Jaya...I will, thanks again :)