Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boss kaun hai, maloom hai na?

Ten reasons why, in the last couple of months, I've begun to see my ex-boss in a new light:

1. My new boss is one of the most demanding people I've ever met. I'm expected to be on call 24*7. 365 days a year. For the rest of my life.
2. My new boss keeps erratic hours.Picture this: Its 3.45 am after a long, tiring, never ending day. You collapse into bed desperately hoping for a few hours of shut-eye. Only to be awakened by an urgent call from the boss. Tough luck baby. The boss needs you. NOW.
3. As may be obvious from point number two, my new boss thinks life is too short to be whiled away sleeping. Awake and active is the boss's preferred mode of operation. Sleeping on the job is heresy!
4. Face time is very important with the new boss. You gotta be around if you want the boss to be happy. And you DO want the boss to be happy. Trust me.
5. My new boss hates structure. Or scheduling. Needless to say there's no point in my making any plans. You just have to take it as it comes and hope it doesn't blow up in your face.
6. My new boss has a unique style of communicating which I am yet to become proficient at. So I currently try to make things work through trial and error. And the boss doesn't like error.
7. Hell hath no fury like the new boss in a bad mood. The boss's expressions of displeasure are enough to peel the plaster off the walls. I work very hard to keep the boss happy all the time!
8. I used to have a life before the new boss entered into it. P used to have a life before my new boss entered his life as well. Now what's left of our lives revolves around the new boss.
9. My new boss is not toilet trained. And one of my future assignments will involve doing the needful. Sigh.
10. I'm in love with my new boss. So everything is personal, even though nothing is official.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

:) saw ur comment at my blog n hopped over too! :) nice going! I like ur lil boss too!! have fun.. n happy diwali.

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

thanks & happy Diwali to you and your family too! :)

Unknown said...

I swear before reading about the toilet training part, I thought you were writing about some real office-type boss. heh!

very well written, kudos!
-Sangeetha

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

hmmm but its fun to imagine the office type boss in diapers tho wat say ;)

MRC said...

er.... commiserating with you in silence, while keeping an ear cocked for my sleeping tyrant's high pitched sounds of displeasure.
:D

Garima said...

Very well written..

Though I didnt write this peice... check it out... It's a prent's job description..
http://mommy-in-making.blogspot.com/2009/09/parent-job-description.html

Smiles!